CIGRE 2012 - Session 44
CIGRE TECHNICAL EXHIBITION: THE PRESTIGIOUS EVENT IN THE WORLD OF HV
The 44th CIGRE Session will be held from Sunday 26th to Friday 31st August 2012, at the Palais des Congrès in Paris.
The CIGRE Session will bring together some 6 000 experts and other decision-makers from 80 different countries. Considered as an event not to be missed by Electricity Companies, Regulatory Bodies, Electricity Producers, Manufacturers and other Experts, the Session offers the opportunity to expand knowledge base, discuss new developments and innovations, and network.
Main themes will include
- Eco design of equipment
- Maintenance, refurbishment and life time of equipment
- Real time monitoring of equipment and systems
- Development of DC solutions
- Coordination between TSOs
- Public acceptance of equipment
- Integration of renewable
- Active distribution systems
- Information systems
4 main strategic directions for CIGRE technical activities are
- The Electrical Power System of the Future: super grids, smart grids...
- Making best use of the existing power system
- Focus on environment and sustainability
Communication on power system issues to the audience